What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some of these ...

V40

These pictures are of the WWI grenades, Tiger stripes, M18's and a AN-8, and the small mini smoke grenades along with the M25A2. I need the money so I am selling the WWI grenades and the replica "mini" smokes to anybody who wants them. I am having problems posting them on PM's and e-mails for some reason.

On picture No 4, you will see a part of the typical belt and pouches. SOG used most all of their own supply of canteen pouches as did allot of other RT's, for holding allot of 20rounder magazine. You could put 7 into each canteen pouch. With a total load of ammunition for just 3 pouches was 210 if my inner city school taught me how to do math. They carried more canteen pouche than just 3. They would add two more canteen pouches with one pouch holding as many V-40's that they could load into one. In addition to the V-40's they would have a pouch full of M67's besides the ones they would carry on their web belt along with some M34's on their shoulder straps or on their STABO rig. Inside the pack they would carry another 400 rounds of ammo in magazines. Smoke grenades were always carried in the pack because you do not fight with smoke grenade colors. CS canisters were on the shoulder straps too for breaking contact with the enemy and giving the team a few more seconds to run. You have to remember that once an RT was compromised, especially in the latter parts of the 60' into 1972 the NVA had "Counter Recon Teams" that were lead by Soviet advisors. And they were good at tracking a team, overunning them when conditions were in favor of the NVA and they did all of the executions. This was called "Impact Interrogation" if a member(s) were to be captured and didn't answer any questions then they would be executed with usually a machette. This was the only unit within the NVA that was specifically designed to hunt down and kill the RT's. The Soviets were excellent at this game as we had captured some of them back then along with ChiCom, Cuban, and Polish Advisors.

I will have to show you, in my opinon, the best camoflauge ever used by SOG and I am here to tell you it will work anywhere there are shades of Green in the great outdoors. By the way, the Tigers are not for sale as either are the Large M7A3 and the M25AA2

Attachments

• World War 1 INERT grenades 001.jpg
    World War 1 INERT grenades 001.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 17
  • World War 1 INERT grenades 002.jpg
    World War 1 INERT grenades 002.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 18
  • World War 1 INERT grenades 003.jpg
    World War 1 INERT grenades 003.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 20
  • World War 1 INERT grenades 004.jpg
    World War 1 INERT grenades 004.jpg