What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some WW1 British grenades

Williams_castle

Hi All

WW1 British militaria is my overall collecting interest. Grenades are just a part of that but I thought fellow members might like to see some pictures.

No. 2 grenade:

Attachments

• No 2 grenade2.JPG
    No 2 grenade2.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 65
No. 15 grenade. I am not 100% convinced about the screw in the top, but what the heck:

Attachments

• No 15 grenade.JPG
    No 15 grenade.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 36
That's all my grenades, but I also have this grenade apron, which is totally unmarked but which I believe to be for the No. 15 grenade. If anyone knows differently, please let me know! The pockets are a fair bit bigger than the No. 15, but then they would need to be, to get your fingers round one to lift it out.

The front:

Attachments

• Grenade apron front.JPG
    Grenade apron front.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 24
wow

Hi, Thanks for showing these :tinysmile_fatgrin_t love them, especially the No.2, would love one...... maybe one day i'll be lucky enough to find one

Hi buddy,

some fantastic grens, ime very envious, thanks for showing them.
Do like the gren vest too, must be as rare as hens teeth.

Andy

Very nice collection, great condition, thanks for showing them all.
Dave.

A very good selection of grenades, nice to see them in original condition. your No 24 Mk1 looks like one of the best ones I have seen. Tony.