What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Something for the Stick Grenade guys

Millsman

Premium Member
I bought a part collection today and in it was some nice stuff. I thought these would please the stick grenade fans.

A concrete head stick grenade (Type II) from 1945. Stick is stamped 45 and JS.

Two det boxes, one with lid and 5 empty dets. The box on its side in the photo has 19 stamped in ink on the base.

One friction fuze with cap.

John

Attachments

• SSCN3868.JPG
    SSCN3868.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 66
  • SSCN3867.JPG
    SSCN3867.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 62
  • SSCN3866.JPG
    SSCN3866.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 62
It's got some rust coming through on the inside so there is metal in there. Whether its frags or a re-inforcing cage I don't know. Looks pretty genuine though.

John

Nice bits of kit John, hope your going to keep them as i reccon they are rare.

Andy

Hi Andy

I'm not sure yet. I've not got enough room to start collecting stick grenades as well as Mills bombs. I'll probably think on it for a while and assess the value. I've not seen either this type of grenade or the boxes on sale before (but I'm sure someone has), so as you say they are probably quite scarce items.

John

Nice grenade...
Do you have a more photos about (from above, marking..)?
:)

Here you are Jhonni.

The markings are on the reverse side from the 'slot' and are near the head fixing.

John

Attachments

• SSCN3873.JPG
    SSCN3873.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 22