What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry my Dutch Friends, but we won!!!!!

Grenademan2005

Hello:
My country is still a disaster, but we won the World Cup. So sorry to my Dutch friends in the Collecting World.
:bigsmile:

The Real Winner was--

The Octopus-- who called it ~

5 Brains , smarter than the criminals who run fiffa or what ever it is-- Here's hoping Canada stays out of this ---

Epale Miguel,

Soy holandes pero vivi en Madrid en el 1996/1997. Lastima que no ganamos nosotros, pero igual os felicito. !Que disfrutais de su victoria!, lo cierto es que el equipo espaol tambien jugo muy bien, asi que la perdida de la naranje mecanica no es tan duro de tragar.

Chao, chao,
Olafo

".....so the loss of A Clockwork Orange is not as hard to swallow" ?

Has something been lost in translation?

Regards

TimG

Hi Tim,

The translation is:
I'm Dutch but I lived in Madrid in 1996/1997. It's a pity we did not win, but I congratulate you just the same. May you enjoy your victory! The sure thing is that the Spanish team played very well, making the defeat of the "orange machine" not so hard to swallow.

So, as you can see, the "orange clockwork" is actually something like the "orange machine", (= naranja mecanica), being the friendly nickname for the Dutch team in Spanish speaking countries. :tinysmile_classes_t

Cheers,
Olafo

Grmpf....:coffee:.

But congratulations to Spain. Supposedly the best won.

Last edited: