What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Soviet proximity fuze

strakv

Gentlemen,

I’ve just seen a short video on Facebook in which a guy disassembled a fuze that he had removed from a practice 122mm 9M22U rocket. So far I haven’t been able to ID it. It looks to be an early proximity fuze. Apart from AR-6 (9Э328) which is quite well known i’m not aware any other VT’s in that rocket.

My only guess is the 9Э310 which was for the 9M23 chemical rockets of the same caliber. The problem is that i haven’t found any drawings or pictures to confirm my assumption.

Does any of you have info on the 9Э310 or the fuze in the pictures?

Regards,
Vince

IMG_0696.jpegIMG_0695.jpegIMG_0692.jpegIMG_0694.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi strakv
Czechoslovakia had its own development of non-contact fuse from the early 1950s - the development took place with the ground troops (for rockets, mortars and for AA-ammunition (project ,,RAZ-A ,, ; ,,RAZ-B,, ) - further development took place for the air force - a bomb type non-contact fuse (Tested at a bombing range in Poland.)
In the 80s and 90s, they were types BZ-S, BZ-M, BZ-R.
It is in the photo Czechoslovakia develop proximity fuze (BZ-R) Non-contact fuse - rocket).
During that development there were a number of development fuse and some made it into mass trial production.
No official prescription was issued, only a tableau - color drawing in partial section - of the locking mechanism is known.
The photo in the attachment shows the type BZ-S ...
Akon

Attachments

• bezkontaktni-zapalovac-bz-s-102369338.jpeg
    bezkontaktni-zapalovac-bz-s-102369338.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Thank you Akon!
I should have noticed the red triangle on the fuze and the latin script on the rocket. Looks like i'm getting older :)

Hi strakvv
Yes Yes, the triangle is a marker to notice :)
On the 122mm rocket itself is the Polish inscription,,Treningowy,,
Akon