What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stokes 3" Mortar Bomb with No.146 fuze

ben2000

Hi,

Well I finally finished the 1st of two relic First War Inert Stokes bombs. (Thank you to Bonnex for the info on the colour scheme of a White Phos Smoke Projectile.) The fuze took a while to sort out, creating a mock up of the spring and tape etc but i got there in the end. It isnt anywhere like 100% accurate but from a distance on display it looks about right.

(for info: the spring was made from ordinary DIY solder, the cloth strap was made out of an old karate Gi (trousers) which was dyed with tea :tinysmile_twink_t2:, the brass rivet came from an old pair of jeans. I also had to make the little rectangular sectioned cover on top of the bracket that prevents the retaining pin from being knocked out accidentally. Also the cap was badly corroded so a new one was fashioned out of the cap of a 35mm photographic film pot + some enamel paint)

The 1st two photo's are of the projectile when i bought it.

Hopefully i'll have the second one finished in a few weeks time.

Thanks for looking,

Ben.

Attachments

• gstokes1a.JPG
    gstokes1a.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 53
  • gstokes1b.JPG
    gstokes1b.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 3inch stokes 006.jpg
    3inch stokes 006.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 75