What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Grenades - part 2

jiipee76

These two grenades/mortar rounds also need identification.These are also from my friends collection.

IMAG0215.jpgIMAG0217.jpgIMAG0216.jpg

I believe they are Russian, I used to have one and they were fired fron a cup launcher from a Mosin rifle. They have a timing ring, wich seems to be lost from you examples. Darryl Lynn calls it a 40.6 mm fragmentation grenade. I believe I have heard it called something like a Dianakov grenade, but I really can't be sure.I would include an Image, but I have disposed of all my grenades about 2 years ago. I would think that Paul Spence might have an example.

Correct, it is the 16-Line rifle grenade (40.6mm). These are the WWI models and think they are not related to Dyakonov since there is no mention in Russian docs..

There is one of these listed on Auctionarms. The one up for auction has the original rubber cap overtop the nose.

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

A few years ago a bunch of these in excellent condition appeared for sale from Estonia. I have one of those as well.