What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange Rimfire WWII OSS

ali059

Be told that this was a WWII cartridge made for the OSS and not very common? Anyone know or seen this? I have yet to measure it and determine caliber etc. Out of a cartridge collection FYI...ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401904538.816225.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401904558.632244.jpg

Changed my first response (.22CB) after adjusting for scaling w/the quarter. Looks to be maybe a .32 cal. rimfire.

Last edited:
Yes looks to be a 32 Rimfire but its the color and v what the guy said about it being wwii OSS?

Considering its condition, I suspect it's newer than WW2. It should be really crusty if that old. Lots of this type ammo for sale today.
Navy Arms is reproducing it with a V headstamp.
And the OSS thing? That may be a stretch.

41 Short (Derringer). New manufacture. Very common rimfire cartridge. Worth maybe 50 cents for the cartridge and a couple of bucks for the OSS story.

Ray
1zlvyuo.jpg

Last edited: