What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Strange time fuze

collector

Premium Member
Hi all,

The fuze looks like a british no 80/83 except for one or two things. Two rings are attached to eachother. Hopefully the pics will clarify.

Thanks for dtm..
RobertIMG_8374.jpgIMG_8375.jpg

Hi Robert,

It "could" be a Japanese Type 5th Year time fuse.......this had an extra time ring and differed from the Type 3rd Year version.

The vertical lock bar is also similar to the Type 89 time fuse. I had a quick look at the reference book - photo is to poor quality to confirm.

I have to "dig" mine one out of storage to confirm.....perhaps later today if time permits.

Any kanji characters or other markings?

Cheers
Drew

IMG_8371.JPGHi Drew,

Thanks for the quick answer, but there are no strange glifs to be found, not a single marker or number.
Another pic from the top.

it's a dutch Tijdschokbuis No.7, which is ideed a Krupp Development and possibly also made by Krupp. The japanese 3rd and 5th year fuzes are also Krupp developements and only slightly different from this one.

Hi Alpini,

How are u mate?

Thanks for the clarification - yes I was also thinking that it may be a non-Japanese Krupp derivative (due to lack of any kanji) as the Japanese ones were normally well marked on the nose cone.

Here's a pic of my 5th year.

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN4452.jpg
    DSCN4452.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCN4450.jpg
    DSCN4450.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 28
Dear all,
Thank you all very much for the fast dtm..!! Really appreciated!

Robert