What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Summary of German Rheinmetall Fuzes

Bellifortis

I just finisheds reading James Owens "Danger UXB". In the bibliography of this book Owen mentions as a source the british publication "Summary of German Rheinmetall Fuzes", Printing & Stationary Services, 1944. Has anyone of you seen this publication and if yes to please give a short rundown on the merits of its content and second, where could one obtain a copy of this publication ? Thank you for your consideration.
Bellifortis.

There is a very similar title, "Summary of German (Rheinmetall) Electric Fuzes", produced in loose leaf format by the Research Department Woolwich and was amended throughout the war. It shows the electrical circuits of the fuzes. In June 1944 the title was changed to "Summary of German Aircraft Bomb Fuzes". From recollection the pages on a fuze show an electrical circuit diagram, markings, colour, how it works, differences between the models, etc. I'm not sure if I still have a photocopy of one of the editions but I will look (not an easy task) if someone doesn't come up with the goods in the next week or so.