What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Surface mail

My final package has yet to arrive from England, The rest is here but 1 still out IT HIT 100 DAYS today. I have always prided myself on patience but this is freakin nuts. If it never shows it'll be the first because they always show. 100 days and counting NO EXCUSE. Please no offense to anyone as my shrink said i'd feel beter if I VENTED. Breathe in breathe out breathe in breathe out. Best of new years to all and your families. Sincerly Dano

Dont sweat it Dan. I have probably $1500 worth of stuff floating around out there somewhere. Uncompleted trades,cash advances,and a few small things being held. You just gotta have faith in the system,faith in your fellow man,faith in your friends and trading partners. And remember,its a hobby,with risks.And the world wont end if a deal goes bad.

With current changes in shipment practices (surface vs air, etc) and the holidays mixed in, there are always some possible delays. I receive quite a few packages from overseas, the worst I have ever had was just short of 5 months. That was an acception, with for several years the norm being 2-3 months, putting you on the long side of the norm.

I have "lost" two packages in 12 years, which seems pretty good odds considering that I ship/receive lots of stuff, including family items.

My final package has yet to arrive from England, The rest is here but 1 still out IT HIT 100 DAYS today. I have always prided myself on patience but this is freakin nuts. If it never shows it'll be the first because they always show. 100 days and counting NO EXCUSE. Please no offense to anyone as my shrink said i'd feel beter if I VENTED. Breathe in breathe out breathe in breathe out. Best of new years to all and your families. Sincerly Dano

oh blimey dano
that is pretty crap,is it being tracked?
its no good,you gotta move to the uk!

Or would probly suit you best-......:tinysmile_shy_t:Verdun!

I'm sure it will come,hang in there.

CHILL DANO, CHILL brother,
-your going to give yourself an ulcer or worse!!

There isn't anything you can do about it, stressing isnt good for anyone!
Lifes good - it will turn up eventually and I'm sure the wait will be worth it in the end.

Regards,
Kev

oh blimey dano
that is pretty crap,is it being tracked?
its no good,you gotta move to the uk!

Or would probly suit you best-......:tinysmile_shy_t:Verdun!

I'm sure it will come,hang in there.
I'm ready to defect! Dano No, But seriously I have to make light of it to keep my sanity. What I have ordered is a German WW2 sprenggranate rifle grenade which will look good sitting next to the PZGR40 and SD 0.5 sub grenade (looks sorta naked now). I know it'll get here and I hope no one takes offense but I guess it is just my way of dealing with it. As soon as the hippies leave the commune and can reboard their canoe to the US i'm sure it'll just be a matter of time. The family jet is down for overhaul or i'd go get it myself. I was thinking of buying a resin replica of the sprenggranate for a filler till the real one gets here. I hope Mrs. Claus did not mistake it for a play toy..Dano

Last edited: