What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Syria Aleppo : no comment

If that kid had John Deere on his ball cap, that would almost look familiar:xd:. Wonder how they say, "Hey Y'all, Watch This", over there? For those of our brethren on the other side of the pond, that's what our boys here in the South say before usually joining the Darwin Club. The Northern boys would say, "You gotta see this!". Cheers, Bruce.

I watched with replay and found another improvised mortar with different shape !

Alppo other round.jpg

It is noticable that no one stays anywhere near it when it is fired,which is not surprising really,even if that was an empty gas cylinder it would make a hell of a mess of your front room if it came in throught the window,nice (and dangerous)peice of "make the best of what you got"engineering/construction,

With the upper pictures it looks like someone had the 15cm Stgr.42 in mind.

I have been following IRAMs (rockets and mortars) for some time now, the ones with the cannon - one model uses a 107mm Syrian rocket, I haven;t found the propellant for the other model.

The picutes witht eh fins do no go with the cannon, I am still looking for their propelling charge. Some think the fins fold in when loading, but I do not think so.

The blue color was for the propane/LPG the tanks use to hold.

I also finally got one of the fuzing methods figured out, I'll write it up and post soon