What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T13...

V40

Does anybody here in the USA ever watch the show "Pawn Shop"? It is a show that I watch just about every night/day that I can.

Well last night I guy brought in a near mint T13 to the store and wanted to sell it. The man who had the grenade didn't know a thing about what he had, so he was wanting to sell it. The boss then brought in a guy from down the street who owns a gun shop. The boss of the pawn shop took the piece apart and awaited for the guy's arrival. The boss confirmed in the interview that he wanted it very badly because it was "Neat". When the owner of the gun shop arrived he told everybody involved that what he had was worth a small fortune. Evidentley, he knew it was a grenade. He told the present owner that what he had was very collectable and something about it being the "Holy Grail" of ordnance collectors everywhere.

Anyway, the owner of the pawn shop ended up buying it for $1,600. The seller had bought it from an estate sell for a whopping $5.00. :tinysmile_cry_t3:

That had to be the best deal I have ever heard of. A a rare grenade bought at an Estate Sell for $5.00.

Anybody else ever had a deal like that? Or let one slip by?

Last edited: