What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tank target No2

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
sorry know nothing about Tanks so please feel free to identify and add more info on this tank

Attachments

• DSC00458.JPG
    DSC00458.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 217
  • DSC00459.JPG
    DSC00459.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 172
  • DSC00460.JPG
    DSC00460.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 231
  • DSC00461.JPG
    DSC00461.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 175
  • DSC00462.JPG
    DSC00462.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 193
Hi..not too hot on post war tanks, but I think someone mentioned Conqueror,...Id tend to agree

fv214conqueror.jpg

I didn't think the Conqueror ever saw service. I remember reading about it having an experimental 120mm gun which used a case.

thanks for all additional info on this tank.Just a bit of added info ,ive just got a list of all the tank targets on this range and there are TWO Conquerors used as targets

sorry know nothing about Tanks so please feel free to identify and add more info on this tank

'conqueror'??? more like 'conquered!'

looking inside that turret and the numerous AP rounds that have penetrated, you can see that just 'one' round would create havoc inside and at the very least severely mangle the crew...........

Damn I'm glad I never got into Armour !!

Definately a Conqueror, Used in hesvy tank troops by centurion equiped regiments. Designed to combat the Warsaw pact heavy IS2 (JSII) tanks.
usede a seperate loading 120mm with a case for the propellant.