What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tear drop shaped...

V40

Need IDing. Sorry no pictures were allowed in the gunshow so I am hoping by description you can ID it?

It was a 60mm mortar that is definately the shape of a tear drop. No where to place a fuse in the nose, cartidges in all of them and some look to bestill filled with what looks like Iron Oxide. It has no nothing inside the actual mortar itself. I will tell this though, it was heavy, say roughly 4-6 pounds. It also has no Obturating rings/gas checks what-so-ever. So what is it?

Mark

60mm mortar

G'day not an expert but sounds like the 60mm training/dummy mortar there are some pic's of one on ED's website inert-ord.net think it's called M-69 but without a pic I'm only guessing
Regards Daryl

Guys, he was selling them for $25 each at the show. Is that a good price?

Mark

V40, I just bought one recently and paid $35 for it so $25 dosent sound so bad.:tinysmile_cry_t4: Did it have the primer in it?