What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The "BLITZ"

kz11gr

Hello

I've seen on TV that London was burning .

Initialy , i believed that it was a war film about "The 1940 Blitz over London", with hundreds of houses burning.

But, it is today.
And the Goering's Luftwaffe was not in the sky ....

Regards

I had similar thoughts seeing the aerial pics in colour; raging fires, burned out hulks with collapsed roofs - oppressive.
Hope this will come to an end soon.

1940 or 2011 ?

londres1.jpg

londres5.JPG

londres2.jpg

londres3.JPG

londres4.JPG

Attachments

• blitz1940.jpg
    blitz1940.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 17
  • blitz2011.jpg
    blitz2011.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 17
  • london_.JPG
    london_.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Blitz1940_.jpg
    Blitz1940_.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I thought thy put those fires out after the war was finished, i did not realize thy were still burning, threw away TV and radio broken in Tractor, i have a much better life just looking at BOCN,,,,,,,,, Dave

yesterday

london_3.jpg

london_1.JPG

And Today

london_2.jpg

======================

Attachments

• london_1.JPG
    london_1.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I seriously wonder what you're intending to express with this sequence of pics ?? :hmmmm2:

Hi

I seriously wonder what you don't understand .

I show "The Blitz" !

I'ts evident . :tinysmile_hmm_t:

attachment.php

Best regards

Hi Peter

Unfortunately this is the sad side to things and like a shaken bottle of coke something had to pop.
The country has a new goverment which is bringing in radical cuts and changes which like myself have seen it all before
through the 1980s.
It will leave a lot of people in a land of uncertanty and give them not much future to look forward to so this is part of the results
already,apart from the few that are just mindless thugs hell bent on anarchy.
Looks good for our olympics next year LOL

There has been suggestions about bringing back National Service,when I served in the RAF (Airfild Construction Branch),(Aden/Bahrein/yemen border)I knew that I could rely on those with me when the do do hit the fan,put most of the rioters/looters in uniform and the first time life got a little sticky they would cream their drawers,robbing and looting defenceless shops/shopkeepers is about all their inteligence will stretch to,the military needs and has personnel they can rely on,I am sure they do not need the dross shown on the TV rioting and looting shops etc,end of rant,sorry if I have offended anyone,these are just my own personal views,
Don,