What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The good, the bad and the ugly

As many of you know I mainly collect WW1 ordnance. Artillery fuzes are not the least favorite of what I collect and among my favorites are ones with nose cone attached. Here are my three ugly fuze of the year candidates. First off is a huge US fuze/cone. On the fuze is stamped BH - 18 model 1914 -15. Second is the classic German fuze/cone Dopp. Z. 92. Sp16, a true "beauty". Lastly has to be the ugliest piece in my collection. It has a huge spiral fuze atop an anti-aircraft nose. As can be seen in photo, it was at one time used as a candle holder, either in the trenches or post war. I think it is French but a few collectors thast have seen it claim it is U.S.????? Well there you have it. I see true beauty in these ugly momentos of a war nearly a century in the history books. These are prizes to me and when I get an opportunity to buy a big fuse/nose combo I rarely pass as the price is usually right on. I did have an absolutely awesome spiral French fuze atop a 75mm nose cone but sadly it left the collection some time ago. I hope to acquire more of these sexy looking pieces in the future. (The Dopp Z. 92 was found on a Somme battlefield but unfortunately I was un-able to find out where the other two were found.) It would be greatluy appreciated if a few more members could/would post some pictures of their "ugly beauties" DANO

Attachments

• Picture 153.jpg
    Picture 153.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 59
the rest of 'em

Oh hell, just thought i'd throw in the rest of 'em. WW1 fuzes, grenades, mortar projectiles and such are a passion of mine.........DaNo

Attachments

• Picture 154.jpg
    Picture 154.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 34