What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Postman Always rings Twice! with an SD10 in his bag.

whsammler

Another new addition to the collection. Nice 1937 dated SD10. From the looks of it its the thick walled unit.

This is my first air dropped bit of kit & to say Im chuffed would be ab understatement!!! I would really like to put it back to original. So I need some help locating the correct fuze related parts as you can see from the pics its all missing. Fellow member Jussi from Finland has secured me the actual eAZ66 but it looks like I need the screw in adapter and the protective ring. Can any fellow member help me out...Waffy im looking at you mate..help a bruva out.

If anyone has questions please feel free to contact me....& yes that is a tattoo on my finger...:nerd:

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• SD1.jpg
    SD1.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 82
  • SD3.jpg
    SD3.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 56
  • SD4.jpg
    SD4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 47
  • SD5.jpg
    SD5.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 50
  • SD6.jpg
    SD6.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 56
Very nice item Glen, well done on securing that one......possibly worth doing a little more re-search into it ?

I agree with Harry an AZ C-10 hut fuze needed for this one, unfortunately I'm unable to help with one of these, but maybe another member can. Try Ben he may be able to sort you out with one??

Some great markings on the body and nice early date 1937

regards Kev

Harry & Kev,

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to to try restoring it back to its original spec (paint, markings ect) I have searched the Fourm & found so great pics so far so I'm confident I can get her looking good again.

I will shoot Ben a PM re the AZ C-10 h.u.t. fuze.

I was looking at it last night & may have found some original paint under the red on the tail fins. What do you guys use for paint removal? My biggest worry is pulling ALL the paint off including the original that may be under what on their now. I was thinking ACETONE & a light bristle brush to lightly scrub off the top layer....yes/no?

Ok off to start my quest for a AZ C-10 h.u.t. fuze.

Glen
http://wehrmachtinternetmuseum.tumblr.com/
Follow me on twitter @WHINTERMUSEUM

Harry & Kev,

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to to try restoring it back to its original spec (paint, markings ect) I have searched the Fourm & found so great pics so far so I'm confident I can get her looking good again.

I will shoot Ben a PM re the AZ C-10 h.u.t. fuze.

I was looking at it last night & may have found some original paint under the red on the tail fins. What do you guys use for paint removal? My biggest worry is pulling ALL the paint off including the original that may be under what on their now. I was thinking ACETONE & a light bristle brush to lightly scrub off the top layer....yes/no?

Ok off to start my quest for a AZ C-10 h.u.t. fuze.

Glen

I would take plenty of advice before trying anything rash........I have yet to find a product that will remove just one layer of paint leaving the coat underneath untouched. I think a lot depends on the paint used.
I would also be interested to see what techniques are used by others in this situation. I think it is one we, as collectors are all faced with at some time or other.

all the best Kev

Oh for sure. The last thing I want to do us ruin it.
Before I try anything I will test it on a small space first to see how it works before I go bananas on it. I've had good luck in the past with acetone & a brush. The paint on the tail fins is a flat and seems to be on the thin side I have managed to crape some off with my finger. I have removed paint on "delicates" with a sharpened tooth brush handle (prison shiv) or a chop stick. They are just the right hardness to lift paint with out scratching the original surface.

I look forward to hearing from other members on their techniques for paint removal etc.

Glen