What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

this weekends catch.

sgtlynn

Picked this up at a show this weekend. German WWII propaganda grenade but the best part is, it came with one of the leaflets!! I will have it translated this week sometime.

Attachments

• propaganda gren.jpg
    propaganda gren.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 72
  • grenade leaflet.jpg
    grenade leaflet.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 64
Got the translation back today. I am sure the Russian is correct, but the bit of German on the bottom is from an internet translation. If anyone can correct it I would appreciate it.

The blood is flowing out of our women and children?

STOP WAR!

Come over to our side. The sooner you come over the sooner the torture and suffering of the women and children will stop

Those who come over to our side voluntarily by the Order of Adolf Hitler will become prisoners of war and receive better nutrition that you are receiving now

By coming over the war will be over for you.

This Handbill is considered an access pass
59 402 RA/XI/43

We know how the Germans treated Russian Prisoners;

Then if that wasn't bad enough when the Russians recaptured and freed the Russian prisoners in Germany they retried them as criminals for surrendering and sent them to Siberia ~ "The War is Over for You" --- right:tinysmile_cry_t: