What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Time to call EOD!

First thing through the Techs mind responding to the incident, "Oh no ya don't!! First off, I don't have the mag space to store it. Second, if it ain't a misfire, I ain't allowed to touch it by regs. Third, I ain't gonna do the paperwork trying to explain what the heck went wrong. AA Arty bubbas didn't put it on the rails right, THEY get to stand before the CO and tap dance. Once all of the paper drill is done and the BB stackers are tired of storing it, THEN I'll blow it up or inert it." More that likely they shipped it back to Ratheon to have it checked and refurbed.

Location looks like Viet Nam. Cool pix Jolly. Thanks and Cheers, Bruce.

Last edited:
HAWK Missie. Homing All the Way Killer Missile. They were used in SEA, particularly in South Vietnam. We deployed them there in 1963 because the North Vietnamese had bombers and fighters that we thought would come down South. In order to make the NVAF sweat we deployed triple launchers almost every where to protect our interests in the area.

By the way, our troops were bombed by the NVAF just once, and only once. They lost 3 out of 3 airplanes that day.

This appears to be a bigger problem than one would think? Two stage solid propellent with the warhead behind the nose cone and Phased Array Radar, this is indeed an EOD or should I say EOD's as in plural.

Jolly, where did you find this?

Yep, that is Vietnam for sure!

Last edited:
OK, I stand corrected. It looked like Vietnam from the background, the soil, and the razor wire or Barbed Wire rolls surrounding the area. It fooled me none-the-less.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t