What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TMK-2 Russian Mine

From a website that I forgot:

Description

TMK-2 is a steel-cased shaped charge anti-tank mine, designed around 1955 to defeat the belly armour of a tank. The upper half of the mine is a hollow truncated cone; its only function is to keep earth and debris away from the shaped charge to allow it to function correctly. The bottom half of the mine, also a truncated cone, contains the dished charge liner and the explosive. The charge has a wave shaper set into the explosive and a detonator well entering the booster horizontally at the base of the mine. Also on the outside of the lower half are a filler plug and a steel carrying handle. The mine uses an MVK-2 tilt-rod fuzing system designed to initiate on contact with the belly of an armoured vehicle, giving the mine a full-width attack capability. The fuze is set on the outside of the mine to avoid interfering with the shaped charge. A detonating cord link runs from the MD-7M detonator assembly at the base of the tilt-rod on the side of the mine to the DUM-2 detonator in the base fuze well. During transit, both the base and side fuze wells are sealed with transit plugs. The mine is normally painted olive green with markings stencilled in black.

Operational details

The MVK-2 tilt-rod fuze operates in much the same way as the MVSh-46 (the tilt-rod fuze used with the TM-46 anti-tank mine). When the mast is bent by 24 to 36, a camming action is produced by internal segments around a central rod; this rod, attached to the top of the collar, lifts it slightly, allowing the striker retaining balls to escape. The spring-loaded striker is released onto the MD-7M detonator assembly and the detonation wave is carried, via the detonating cord, to the DUM-2 detonator fixed into the base detonator well. The booster propagates the detonation into the main charge, where the wave shaper optimises the direction of the wave to increase the efficiency of the shaped charge. The warhead uses the Misznay Schardin principle to create an Explosively Formed Projectile (EFP), which has a claimed penetration of 60 mm with a TNT charge, and 110 mm of armour with TG-50 (RDX/TNT) explosive. The range and penetration of the EFP means that TMK-2 could be used horizontally as an off-route mine.

Try this link too:

http://www.saper.etel.ru/mines/tmk-2.html

Regards
stecol

I made that cutaway model long time ago. Still regret trading it................
Regards, DJH

I am looking for a good picture of the detonating device that goes between the fuze and the main charge. It is called the DUM-2. Does anyone have one they can take a picture of for me?

Thanks,

Joe

I repaired the museum cutaway I made , just wait until I translated the posting from Dutch to English please

As promised.
Regards, DJH

I am looking for a good picture of the detonating device that goes between the fuze and the main charge. It is called the DUM-2. Does anyone have one they can take a picture of for me?

Thanks,

Joe
Hello Joe, here is a photo from the DUM-2 and a drawing in Russian.
regards
William

Attachments

• 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 15 (1).JPG
    15 (1).JPG
    24.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 19