What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

To restore or not to restore #1

Lou

Ive been running into items latley that just kinda seem right on the edge of to restore or not too.Real fine dusty rust just deep enough to penitrate the paint and not distort the metal.
So instead of racking my mind"yes it does sometimes make it hard to sleep at night":laugh: I thought Id put it to a vote and get all of your opinions!
#1 U.S. WWII HE rifle grenade,unknown M designation,no markings except two ORD marks"flaming bomb"one on the war head base and one on the fuze body and some unreadable black stenciling on the tail boom. Yes its real "naughty lil copper cone"and yes all the parts are there.I have no idea what its worth.Fine surface rust,nothing too deep,but most of the paint is ok.

Ok guys,repaint to restore or not????? I welcome ALL viewers opinions on this subject,please post away!!!So far the non painters are in the lead!!

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
NOT theres nothing wrong with it apart from wear from age,,its still got most of its original paint,,i would definately leave as it is

Yes i agree as with the 105 best to leave as is, i much prefer to have a round with even remnants of paint on than a repaint.
Best Weasel.

DONT DO IT!! all the original paint is there,just give it a little lube thats all!

Actually i would paint it...bright pink or a lovely mauve with some kind of pattern..what about a check design?

Last edited by a moderator: