What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tokarev TT-33 pistol

pointblank0

BOCN Supporter
Can any one help me? I am moving house and went up in the loft to sort out some bits. I have a deactivated Tokarev tt-33 Russian pistol. I has horified to discover that the firing pin retaining pin, had somehow worked its way out and dissapeared! Now the firing pin, although ground down, no longer sits in its position as it should.
Does anyone have any idea where I could get a replacement retaining pin? It is about 3/4" long and has a groove running down one side I believe.
Also, would this part be classed as a component part within UK law meaning I would need a FAC to purchase the spare if I was lucky enough to find one?
Any help would be great, thanks,
Rob

tokarev pistol part

Hi Pointblank0,I had a similar problem when I tried to "fix"a co2 pistol,I found the missing pin had dropped down inside the action mechanism,so if you havnt checked already,it may be worth checking there,and as it is a deac pistol could you get someone with a model making lathe to turn one for you,it would not need to be of special hard metal just mild steel as it would not be subject to any firing stresses,the downside of doing it that way is that it would not be an original tokarev part,
Regards,Don,

Thanks Don. I stripped it down but still no trace of the part. I have looked around on the net and found a couple of dealers in the States that sell the parts. All I have to find out now is if I require a FAC to buy the part

The Home Office Guide on Firearms Law makes the following statement on component parts -
13.70​
The term “component part” may be
held to include (i) the barrel, chamber,
cylinder, (ii) frame, body or receiver, (iii)
breech, block, bolt or other mechanism for
containing the charge at the rear of the
chamber (iv), any other part of the firearm
upon which the pressure caused by firing the
weapon impinges directly. Magazines, sights
and furniture are not considered component
parts. The 9th Report of the Firearms
Consultative Committee provides additional

information on this subject.

I would suggest that your component is one that would not fall into the category of a certifiable component.
You may wish to contact this company for a replacement -
http://www.wallarms.com/

OK, well this is quite weird. I discovered the exact same thing with my deactivated Tokarev last night- it seems it must be a common fault. I also live in the UK and would like an original replacement... I can see if being expensive and comlicated to acquire though. It's only a small detail, but little faults like this really bother me! It happened to the last Tokarev I owned, which I sold for said reason- don't want to have to do that again.

-Mat

I'm the same Mat, has to be replaced I'm afraid. I may see if someone on here in the states could purchase one and post it to avoid having to pay a stupid amount of postage.

Thanks exat808, seems I will be OK for this part, a handy bit of info there.

Sodid you contact that site and get a useful response? I'm still stuck as to what my options are. Let me know how you get on!

Sodid you contact that site and get a useful response? I'm still stuck as to what my options are. Let me know how you get on!

Hello mate. No. I have no internet at home at the mo as I have just moved house and can't access my emails at work. I will try the link on the note above though. I'll keep you posted

Hey guys just bought 1 today hope to get it next week cant wait.
Are they good what it like compared the the Browning Hp.

Browning74,

Under no circumstances would you think that there are some weapons out there that can beat a HP! If the SAS (22nd I believe) used the weapon with an extended mag means anything, and that SOG had them for cross border ops during Vietnam, I do not think that the T33 can compare. Sorry for the abrupt passion I have on HP's.

V40

Hopefully i should get it Tuesday will let you know what i think.
Also got a full box 25 rounds with all its wrappers for the pistol.
I bought the pistol from a chap in Durham on gunstar and its been very smooth up to now so yeah happy

Hopefully i should get it Tuesday will let you know what i think.
Also got a full box 25 rounds with all its wrappers for the pistol.
I bought the pistol from a chap in Durham on gunstar and its been very smooth up to now so yeah happy

How much did you pay out of interest?

Matching numbers pistol
Papers
2 mags.
Cleaning Rod,
Leather holster .
Lanyard.
25 rounds of amo fully boxed.

This was all boxed up and posted for 200.
I think i got a good deal well i think anyway.