What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tool Time Again - Super Primer Removal Tool

M8owner

I had some number of German and Russian primers that just refused to budge with the standard hand-held tools that I made. This tool has collars to fit to each shell case type and a center primer tool that can be replaced. The center tool locks into place so maximum force can be applied to those primers that just refuse to come out. The collars clamp on the case bottom lip to prevent rotation. This Russian 76mm primer finally met its match. The torque arm is only 1/2 inch or 12.7mm in diameter, but it is made of titanium. I have not bent it yet.

photo (63).JPGphoto (66).JPGphoto (57).JPG

Last edited:
photo (11).JPGphoto (10).JPGphoto (12).JPG

This stubborn KwK 40 75mm case fell before my awesome power. There is a reason why I do this; the last two German primers I removed are at the top of the middle photo. If anyone in the US needs a KwK 40 case, I have a few spares. I have some spare German primers also.

Last edited:
Do you soak the primer area with any type of penetrating oil before you attempt to remove them?

Hello John, I always start with penetrating oil. I just had a very rusty Russian 76mm primer the tool would not remove. I had to torch it and get it red hot before it would come out - I could see it was not live before I started.