What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trench ashtray-WWI German-Misc catagory

Here are 3 photos. First is a cacked MKII practice grenade I recently acquired that I am making a Trench ashtray from. So far it is sawed in 1/2 to start the ashtray. Next I need to weld the bottom shut and make 3 reliefs to hold smoldering butts a work in progress to say the least. Next is somw WW1 trench items which is first and foremost my collecing favorite and will remain so whilst there is still at least 1 breath left in my carcus. Last but not least, newer grenades which I have been getting lately because a) I like them b) expense is cheap c) they make a nice filler for recently added bunker. My collecting interest are forever growing, and every day I read the BOCN posts continue to grow (my love for the 40mm Bofors keeps getting bigger and bigger. My point. Nothing really. I just love this hobby and I love it more and more every day. I could list on and on, but I think you get it. I aint stopping and will not anytime soon. WW1 German grenades/ordnance will always be first and foremost my collecting favorite. I love to trade, have made some lifelong friends in here and hope at least some of you feel the same. Best to you all. I love you like my own brothers...Best..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 196.jpg
    Picture 196.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 197.jpg
    Picture 197.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 198.jpg
    Picture 198.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 19
Hi Dano,
here is some pics of my "trench" ashtray,it's been "made" from a 4.5" something,I didn't do it honest someone was throwing it out!!!
All the best my friend
Tony

Attachments

• P9220004.jpg
    P9220004.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 6
  • P9220005.jpg
    P9220005.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 3
  • P9220006.jpg
    P9220006.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 5