What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

truly the better mouse trap

Kind of brings back memories of the stories about the rats in the bunkers in Vietnam. The guys were trying to get .22 rifles to shoot them. There were some bad stories about those rats.

Where I work, there would be only one mouse in the trap and the rest would be lined up behind. Cheers, Bruce.

When I was in Viet NAm, I pulled perimeter guard duty = we ahd these nice concrete walled 12"x12" timbers, sand bags etc, and 2 sets of bunk beds in the rear section. These were the bunkers that surrounded the Quang tri combat Base. My first time pulling duty one of the older guys told me not to sleep with my boots off as the rats could bite my toes. Later that night I heard a loud bang go off in the bunker, then a rat fall from the timbers with his head blown to shi*. The older guys would take a blasting cap from the claymore mine and set up a mechanical ambush and use a C ration tn of cheese to lurer the rat. have a pic of it some where, but later the sgt in charge of the bunker line found out about it and brought the practice to a stop. Biggest fricken rat I have ever senn in my life, about the size of a fully ground beaver