What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turkish WWI No2

orcutteod

Other than the British Imperial War Museum I have never seen on of these Turkish grenades. Than low and behold someone on a gun forum posts one from a friends collection.

Attachments

• turkno11.jpg
    turkno11.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 39
If you’re going to buy one, check the casting out closely. There were a lot of reproduction ones sold in the UK 10 years or so back. Cheers

from the Istanbul Marine museum:
Turkish made hand grenades ww1
egg-shaped hand grenade made in Tersane-i Amire  10cmx8cm.jpgstick grenade  built in Tersane-i Amire.jpg
Turkish made rifle grenades ww1:
wood-handled rifle bomb manufactured in Tersane-i Amire. It was used in the years 1915-1918..jpgrifle grenade  airplane bomb made of tin..jpg
and from another forum:
turkishgrenade.jpg

The brass fittings were also reproduced by 'Dug Up' (Now 'The Military Man' in Worthing) a couple of years ago.

The photo in the original post in this thread also appears in the 2nd thread Spotter has highlighted dating from 2008 (Post #8).