What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Miltaria Shops in London?

Dronic69

Premium Member
Good Evening All,

A friend of mine was recently in London and visited 2 x militaria /antiques type shops there.

Of course he couldn't remember the names, but stated that he was in the Chelsea /Convert Garden areas, but thought they may have been in Convert Gardens.

The impression he gave it that they were very close to each other.

Do any of our London members know which military/military shops these may be?

The only shop I remember visiting in London years ago was Blunderbuss Antiques and from their website, may now only deal online.

Any hints would be great!

Thanks

Cheers
Drew

Yes I remember there was one or two in Camden Passage many years ago, but I'm thinking it may have been at the Gray's Antique Centre where both Don Bayney's and Leon's militaria are located.

This is also approx. half way between Chelsea and Convert Gardens - the visitor is heavily into German Militaria and was querying what the local market was like for selling/buying German items etc. He was advise that they sell a lot to Australia!

I met Don Bayney a long time ago as he specializes in Japanese swords.

Yes very interesting pricing in London.

Thanks
Cheers
Drew

I went about a year ago and there was a militaria store in the upstairs part of covent garden market, but not in a shop as such. Not massive but reasonably stocked with a variety of bits and bobs, mainly uniform 1s and stuff I think. Didn't notice any ordnance.