What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two mines for identification

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
First is an unidentified bounding mine, typical of so many, No eternal markings but the fuze/loading holes are a little different.
Second is a Chinese fragmentation mine, looks like a possible replacement for a Type 69? Very similar in size and shape.

Attachments

• DSC_1136.jpg
    DSC_1136.jpg
    8.8 MB · Views: 36
  • DSC_1132.jpg
    10.4 MB · Views: 46
  • DSC_1119.jpg
    9.7 MB · Views: 39
1119: Maybe Innerside Type 72 AP see Attachment

Regards Chris

Attachments

• Type 72.pdf
    238.4 KB · Views: 34
The first, as 'sgdbdr' states, is probably a German DM31, or one of its clones.

The second, as 'Chris' states, seems to be insides of a Chinese Type 72 anti-personnel bounding fragmentation mine (APBF).

Links to the Fenix Database entries are below. I don't think I wrote the DM31 entry (maybe just cleaned up the summary), but I did rewrite the Type 72 entry.

Last edited:
Jeff,

The Chinese one Chris got right. It is the inner body of the Type 72 bounding mine.

Joe

Thanks guys, does anyone have a good photo of what it looks like intact? The document is great, but does not give a good feel for the item's appearance.

I don't. I have the shipping container, which is plastic. I can post a picture for you later.

Joe

Thanks guys, does anyone have a good photo of what it looks like intact? The document is great, but does not give a good feel for the item's appearance.
Yes, it's on the database linked above! Think we have one in the office too?

I can't give the images to you (post them here) as my boss (C. King) and a contributor took the photos and they own the licences to them.

Unfortunately less scrupulous websites simply reuse our images without taking any notice of the copyright. Hence I'm not posting any here!