What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Type 700 AA Fuze info

james88uk

Hi ,I’m interested in British WWII AA fuzes and was wondering if anyone has a diagram and functional description of the British No.700 Mk II? I believe this type of fuze was used with AA rockets? I have copies of official handbooks for most of the other types of AA fuze, but nothing on this one.I wonder if anyone might also have a picture of the rockets themselves?
Many thanks in advance.
James

Last edited:
Fuze No 700

This might be of interest. Typically used with Shell, U, HE, 3-inch and Tail, Propelling, Rocket, U, 3-inch.

No700MkII.jpg

Chaps,
Many thanks for the info.
Bonnex,
Would you happen to know which publication your diagram came from? I'd be happy to purchase if I can find one. Also, what does the 'U' stand for in your abbreviations. Apologies for my inexperience!

Regards,

James

Sorry James I should have given the reference. U stands for 'unrotated' (which is why the 700 is air-armed rather than relying on any spinning of the projectile).

The reference. is:

Ministry of Supply; British Rocket Stores; issued by the Director of Projectile Development in Feb 1946.

I'm not sure if is is available electronically.