What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U boat cruises the canals of the uk

Me and my pal went to have a gander at the machine today!
Here is Kapitan-Leutnant Waffy.... :p

Attachments

• das boot!.jpg
    das boot!.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 31
U Boat??????

I thought the stabilisers on the "conning tower"were a post war application,still if you squint a bit...........and close one eye......

I thought the stabilisers on the "conning tower"were a post war application,still if you squint a bit...........and close one eye......

:tinysmile_twink_t2: Really is a cracking barge when you see it up close.
It is stabled in Chorley for 2 more weeks then off down your way i believe?

best

waff

Great stuff Paul.
I've owned and lived on five different vessels in the past, two of which were narrow boats. As an ex submariner how I wish I'd had the idea, (and the money), to do that!
Cheers,
navyman.

U Boat,

I think there may be problems with some of the bridges and tunnels but I do agree it is a well built boat and it has cctv to boot,(forgive the pun)a lot of thought has gone into it,apart from the stabilisers,
Regards,Don,

Great stuff Paul.
I've owned and lived on five different vessels in the past, two of which were narrow boats. As an ex submariner how I wish I'd had the idea, (and the money), to do that!
Cheers,
navyman.

Aye,the guy who owns it was a chatty fellow and was more than happy to show you around. Was a bit shifty on me taking loads of pics though but nay mind.

best

waff