What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

U.S. M18 smoke grenade

In fitting with the theme of newer stuff, I picked this U.S. M18 smoke grenade really cheap off gunbroker. don't know why I bought it. I guess it just caught my eye. By the way, are all the U.S. MkII with the RFX marking cheap surplus knockoffs? I've heard conflicting stories but on ed's ord site he seems to spell it out that they were never used by U.S. armed forces? just curious..Dano

Attachments

• pix4150205093.jpg
    pix4150205093.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 32
Hi Dano. You will find RFX (Richmond Foundry & Mfg. Co. Inc. Richmond VA) cast into original M21 bodies. The real give away is that the fakes are threaded to accept M228 or M213 fuzes, rather than M205 series. As a quick check if the fuze head has the groove for attatching a jungle clip, it's a fake. Cheers Colin

Hi Dano. You will find RFX (Richmond Foundry & Mfg. Co. Inc. Richmond VA) cast into original M21 bodies. The real give away is that the fakes are threaded to accept M228 or M213 fuzes, rather than M205 series. As a quick check if the fuze head has the groove for attatching a jungle clip, it's a fake. Cheers Colin

You may also find flat bottom MK II HE bodies with "RFX" cast into them.