What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK manufactured 160mm Gun?

HAZORD

Premium Member
Does anyone know if the U.K. manufactured a 160mm gun (probably Naval) that might have been sold to another country?

I have two unfired projectiles, a standard nose-fuzed HE and a base fuzed AP-Common. They both have 2 lifting holes drilled into the base about an inch in from the outer edge. They both have the same style rotaing band, a single band with multiple grooves. By the look of the structure and rotating band, they look like between 1910 and 1945 vintage. The nose fuzed HE has a tapered fuzewell that exactly fits a number 44 U.K. fuze. Both projos are exactly 160mm at the bourrelet.

I've never know the U.K. to have anything large caliber that isn't in inches. These measure 6-5/16 inches (160mm).

I guess the other option would be a country that bought U.K. fuzes to use on their own projos, or captured a fuze factory.

I will post photos tomorrow.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

John