What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ummm

Lou

Well if the person I was bidding against is here,my appologies.

Its big and blue and black.Big funky no tail rocket.Pictured next to a US 4.2" shell
19" long and just over 3" dia. Inert
Any guesses?

Attachments

• 4.2 and Unk 012.jpg
    4.2 and Unk 012.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 4.2 and Unk 016.jpg
    4.2 and Unk 016.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 4.2 and Unk 013.jpg
    4.2 and Unk 013.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 53
It is U.S.M.C. SMAW

Made by the LAWs Rocket People at:

http://www.talleyds.com/Talley Nammo Test page/products/weapon_systems.htm

There is one shown in the photo on the site. I saw one on ebay or one of the other auction sites a couple of years back, from a guy in the Tucson area. It was missing the fins (like yours), and he had deliberately cropped the photo so that the buyer couldn't see that the fins were missing. He had a minimum of $350.00 on it. It turns out I knew of him, seen him at gun shows in California in the past, and he had screwed me on a deal before. I hope you weren't dealing with the same guy.

Thanks for the link.Probably not the same guy,but I overpaid for it.Ask ordnance.He knows Im a sucker for anodized blue.:nerd:
Fin set,fin set,can anyone spare a fin set for my poor poor naked rocket?

getting fins are based on the MACH-OH-MY-GOD Ordnance principle of they rarely survive impact in good condition.

Well if the person I was bidding against is here,my appologies.

Its big and blue and black.Big funky no tail rocket.Pictured next to a US 4.2" shell
19" long and just over 3" dia. Inert
Any guesses?

Very nice Lou, I've never seen one of those before.
Dave.