What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unidentified 40mm... With Photos!

staples57

BOCN Supporter
Asking the experts... Now with photos!

A good friend of mine has, what he believes to be, a WW2 British or Canadian 40mm round. His plans are to restore it (to repaint & remark the projectile) back to it's original WW2 condition.

The markings on the projectile are as follows...
XK 22237
LB
40MM 4TL
RS
MH/C
II-44

On Driving Band... LOT 637 {BROAD ARROW}

Does anyone have any info on this round and how it would have been originally painted and marked?

Any & all info is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Brad

Attachments

• 40MM (1).jpg
    40MM (1).jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 50
  • 40MM (2).jpg
    40MM (2).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 43
It is definitely 40mm Bofors L/60. The /C means Canadian manufacture, and the 44 is the year.

Sorry I don't have info on manufacturers codes.

Dano repainted a projo to the UK scheme a few months back, and a lot of the members were attaching photos of their rounds,

You might do a quick search on 40mm Bofors paint jobs on the site.

The "MH" in the station monogram would identify it as Hendon No.3 in Australia. I'm not too sure if the 40mm was manufactured in Canada. It may have been assembled here from imported components which would explain the MH. But the MH/C is puzzling. I'm continuing to look into it.