What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unidentified fuze

US-Subs

ORDNANCE APPROVED/Premium Member
Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Trying to find a positive ID on this fuze. I've got photos only. Measurements given are 32mm long, 27mm largest diameter, 16mm smallest diameter. Japanese has been suggested, due in part to the can, the string and the brass construction, but I haven't found it in any references yet and can find no stamped markings in any of the photos - which would be unusual for Japanese. The small number of threads and relatively large top makes me think mine fuze. Ideas?

Fuze 1.jpgFuze 2.jpgFuze 3.jpg

Subs, Don't have access to mine right at the moment, but it looks like the fuze for a Japanese copy of the Dutch "Mushroom" mine. Something 42. The Japanese captured a lot of the mines and also produced their own copies with slightly different pressure sensitivities in the fuzes. Hope this helps, Bruce.

I was thinking Japanese - Dutch AP / AT Mine also, however do not have any drawings specific to the fuze.

Stay safe,

Frank

Attachments

• Jap  Dutch AP AT Mine.jpg
    Jap Dutch AP AT Mine.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 29
Some pictures ...:tinysmile_twink_t:

Regards
stecol

Attachments

• Paddestoelmijn_11.jpg
    Paddestoelmijn_11.jpg