What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unidentified mechanical time fuze - Possibly Russian

Tranter

!I have just taken delivery of this very nice cutaway mechanical time fuze that I think could possibly be Russian in origin. it has no markings other than those to set the fuze length. Interestingly the Tommy bar through the nose cone issued to set the time in a manner similar to the Swiss 206 fuze used by the British with AA guns. The Tommy bar appears to be fixed, but is longer than the diameter of the fuze, so I think it's just been secured to illustrate the method of setting the fuze. If anyone has any ideas or information relating to this fuze, I would really appreciate your input - thank You

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 72
This a TAVARO fuze.
I have a TAVARO pamphlet about this fuze, but the fuze has no designation.

Attachments

• Tav 1.jpg
    Tav 1.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 49
  • Tav 2.jpg
    Tav 2.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Tav 3.jpg
    Tav 3.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
many thanks for your information and diagrams, I saw similarities with the British 206 fuze made by Tavaro, so it's nice to know they were both made by the same company!

I found this Tavaro diagram, not the same as your fuze, but it looks similar.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 46
Thank you very much to all of you who have posted diagrams and pictures. This is very useful and is very much appreciated. There are many similarities to my Tavaro fuze. In all the diagrams the nose cone is different to mine. Mine has a nose cone very similar to the British 206 made by Tavaro. All I have to do now is try to find out which country Tavaro made them for, or were they built under license in another country like one of the diagrams shown above?!

Hi, in your pamphlet although no designation is given, does it say which country used them and on what calibre AA gun etc? The example you have shown has a very similar nose cone to mine and whilst the others listed in this thread are very similar, the nose cones are quite different.