What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown 20mm (most likely 20x102) AP-T or APDS-T projectile

orpheus72

Premium Member
Hello,I got this semi-cutaway of a 20x102 AP-T (or even possibly an APDS-T) this weekend.

The projectile was odd to all my friends at the Dutch NVBMB/ECRA fair, and what puzzled us, was the fact that it had no crimping groove in the bottom part.

Im quite sure its a 20x102 by its dimensions (all in mm on the picture), but is it genuine / experimental or just a mock-up ?

Can anyone tell me the name or origin of this projectile ?
Also if anyone has a picture of a complete projectile or round, please post it here or email it to me.

Thanks,
Orpheus72

Attachments

• patroon.jpg
    patroon.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 37
  • topvieuw.jpg
    topvieuw.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 24
  • afmetingen.jpg
    afmetingen.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 41
How is the part above the driving band attached to the penetrator core? Superglue?
Bob

Bob,

My initial pictures of the forward support and pusher were not that clear, so i made some new close-up's (projectile sits upside down in it's case at the picture of Fwd support).

The pusher assembly and riveband are obviously pressfitted.

The forward support is also made from 2 different materials.
Those are (I guess) press fitted on the core (it doesn’t move by hand, and I don’t want to force it), and i think they would separate through pressure/rotation when fired…

The core itself is attached to the aluminum pusher by some kind of grayish compound (could be glue)

Attachments

• front support closeup.jpg
    front support closeup.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 16
  • pusher assy.jpg
    pusher assy.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 20