What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown 37mm HE shell.

roadrunner404

DSC02882.jpgDSC02881.jpgAny help in identifying this one would be appreciated. It is a 37mm HE shell, length of 125mm with a chamfered 8mm wide copper driving band. It has a taper extending 24mm from the fuze end with a 4.5mm diameter hole located 6mm that end. Markings on the base are 'N4501' and '/43' above 'N4501SA' stylised 'W' on the shell body. Regards, Ian.

I have seen many 37mms, but not this one. It looks like it would have a long fuze, and my guess it is post WW1, probably some ones AA round. As my experience generally stops at 1920, this is my best guess, such as it is.

I haven't seen it either, I wonder if it is post ww2 I am surprized that nobody has an idea.

The end of the shell looks like a german "Minengranate" or some of the experiemental versions of them, but the upper section?