What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Cartridge Cover

EODGUY

I have had this buried in a box for years and have not been able to pin down what cartridges used it. It is very thin two piece brass construction and apparently held two five-round clips. The opening appears to have been tinned around the outside. I do not have it available to measure, but I would guess the openings to be about 10-11mm.

Attachments

• Cartridge cover.jpg
    Cartridge cover.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 63
These hold 10 lose 8mm Dnish krag rounds. 3 such brass pieces with 10 rounds are covered on the heads with cardboard,where the cartridge information is printed on it.
NATO.

Thanks a lot NATO. That is another mystery solved! Never would have guessed that cartridge in a million years.

Krag

No. The US .30-40 round is 7.62 x 59R in metric terms and the 8mm Danish round is 8 x 58R. It is a much fatter case thatn the US round.

I don't have pictures to post as I do not collect either of them, but someone else will.

Regards
TonyE