What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Frag Grenade

Eodtek

Premium/Ordnance Approved
Ordnance approved
Here is all the info that I have:

Currently in the collection of a civilian police Bomb Squad, the item was donated by a former member of the squad who had served in the military during the Vietnam war. The item appears to be cast iron and the photo is shown with a V-40 for a size comparison.

I'm guessing that it's improvised by the Vietcong but i'm hoping that someone has seen one before.

Attachments

• Unknownfrag.jpg
    Unknownfrag.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 70
It looks like a VC grenade entitled the "Assassin's copy of the U.S. Mk2". Now that I look at your's more, that is what it really is.
Look at the "Bouchon Igniter and the spoon." American easily. The rest is a VC home made device made in one of the 100's of jungle shops.

The Japanese left over allot of munitions buried and exposed so that the Viet Mihn could use. Same goes for the French and the the many (dozens) of different stick grenades. They used Polish rifle grenades, also many of the grenade we used, including the Mk.2, the M26A1, and the M-67's. Many of the VC/NVA grenades were from the China and the Soviet Union. But in the years before TET 68' the NVA recieved many of their supplies from Russia. Before that it was the Chinese for which they hated.

The question I have is if they hated each other that much then why did some of their MIG's and their bombers end up in China for what seems like they were holding them for the NVA. My apoligies if this info is more than needed.

Last edited: