What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown German made Czech 4,7 cm HE shell

Antoon

Ordnance approved
Hello,

I think this is a German made version of a Czech 4,7 cm HE shell, but I can not find any documentation.

Has someone any idea?

Greetings - Antoon

BG 4,7 cm (t).jpeg

Only the one found in the Netherlands has two steel (Fes) rotating bands and that one in France only one.

The projectile are also not in the German manual H. Dv 481-128 - Merkblatt Mun f. 4,7 cm pak 36 (t) from 30-06-1942. So the production has to be from a later date.

Only the one found in the Netherlands has two steel (Fes) rotating bands and that one in France only one.

The projectile are also not in the German manual H. Dv 481-128 - Merkblatt Mun f. 4,7 cm pak 36 (t) from 30-06-1942. So the production has to be from a later date.

2 bands for shells we found. On pictures the lower band is inserted in the case.

Hi Antoon
You may find this dimensioned drawing useful.
Akon
01.jpg
It is a version for export (Germany, ... ).

Last edited:
Thanks,

Nice drawing with much info.

As far as I know, the Germans ordered Czechoslovakia to produce these munition after the original captured ammo was out of stock.

Greetings - Antoon