What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown Grenade

siegfreid

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
mvc-131s.jpg
I'm after an ID for this grenade . It's said to be Belgian & it certainly has an unmarked Belgian type fuze assembly . Body is hollow cast iron . Any help appreciated . Siegfreid.

Hello Siegfreid,

The nearest Belgium Grenade I can find from my database is a prototype designed between the wars 1930's. Pictures attached. These are not my pictures and I have copied them for my own reference from the internet so apologies in advance if somebody on this site owns the rights to these pictures and I wil of course remove if required. They are purely being used to show a similar body shape to that being asked to ID. It obviously has a different fuse but the body looks very close. I would be interested to know what you think and also if you know the name of those pictured in my post if different to yours. belgio-Onbekend TGRM website, listed as possibly Belgian, 1930's.JPGBelgian prototype from between the wars #1.JPG.

Regards Seawitch.

Seawich . Thanks for your input . The one you show I had until recently [ I think I posted it on BOCN ] & they are only superficially similar . The fuze apertures are different & also the base . This is not to say they aren't related in some way . It would be nice to have a definitive answer . Mike .