What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown mine or wheel

Freaky

Information requested regarding this two items. It is made of sheet metal and is therefore hollow but is not filed with any thing. The center piece is mad of bras and look like a primer cap but cant confirm that it is a primer cap.
The diameter of this item is aprox 60mm and the thickness is aprox 10mm on the smallest and 20mm at the thickest.
The diameter of the brass is aprox 6mm and the total length is aprox 40mm.

Im not sure about this is ordnance related but it is found laying around other ordnances.

Al information is appreciated

Cheers
Freaky

IMG_3438.jpgIMG_3439.jpgIMG_3440.jpg

Hi Freaky,It looks to me like a small conveyer roller wheel,but,,,most of the ones I have seen have ballraces in so I could be wrong,perhaps some of the more knowlegeable members can shed some light on it,
Regards,Don,

Well spotted Bonnex, i looked at these and totally dismissed them for any thing ordnance related. Dave

Sand bags

Thanks Dave, easily missed. Bit like the sack of sand in the photo, used for Officers' Mess coconut shy competitions.

No 82 Drill.jpg

Wow another one, that's 3 i know of now, iv been looking in the wrong places, must get to all the village fates and fair grounds next summer...... Dave

Thank you for the positive ID Bonnex., It would never ever be possible for me to ID this item whiteout this forum.
So would anyone be interested in this item? This is something which is totally out of my interest area.

/Freaky

Hey Freaky,

The words: "Delay capsule" , sure have a "pyrotechnical ring" to them, are you certain these items are inert, before handeling them and/or offering them to someone else ?

greetz,

Menno.

Good point Pzgr 40/42.
They have been soked in water for 10-50 years so i believe that the small amount of pyrotechnical items is damaged, but I can course not guaranty it. The disk it self is empty so then it is only the brass tube which may have any previous form of pyrotechnical items left in it.
And just for the record, I haven’t “offered” it to anyone. My question is if this is interesting for anyone when it is a small part of a “big” assembly