What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown Russian object

William49

Ordnance approved
Hello,
does anyone know what is this? The object was found (photo 002 and 003) at a former Russian training area in Germany. The photo 004 I found in the internet. I think it is a similar object.
Thanks
William

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 84
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 70
Hi Wiliam 49
It's a impact sensor from - aircraft initiation system- bombs fuze . (Russia)

Akon

Hi William49 ¨
Write here the mark it has on the body. (On the cylindrical part).
Carefully wet it with water and the body will have an inscription ...
PS: It does not contain anything explosive.
Akon

Last edited:
Very similiar to the fuses used on some FAB 500 SHL etc bombs, but none of them have a finned rea end

Hi webereod /or team ...EOD
f it is from the area in the former GDR where the Russian troops were, I count to the year around +- 1993. So we select what it will not be: The Fab 500 Š has certainly been disassembled behind it (it does not have a target impact sensor in the head), the OFAB-500 ŠN does have an impact sensor, but it has a different design. Then there is the ODAB-500 PM, I also have it in a disassembled state in front of me, the sensor looks different ... Then there is the ODAB-500 PMV, it is a later design than 1993, so it is also dropped. Any ideas guys from EOD? :)
Akon
Idea:
ODAB-500,
ODAB-500 P ,
OFAB-1500 ODS

Last edited:
Hi webeeod
Target (impact) sensor ... OFAB-250 ŠL ..
it has a different design (the supply (wires) go to the sensor from the side, not from the bottom.
Akon

Ill will look in my OFAB files, thanks. Like I said there are similar in the FAB bomb, but this one does not match up. thanks again

Hi MINENAZ16 ,
What is in the red rectangle is an electromechanical fuze in conjunction with other components of the initiation system.
What we are talking about is the target sensor and is stored in the head of the bomb under the red cover that is removed after the winding and then the impact sensor is visible.

Akon

Attachments

• up-581-001.jpg
    up-581-001.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Ok, I saw this sensor (up-581), as the shape is different, I thought to other device in link with parachute.

železo .jpeg
Type ODAB-500 PM ...unfortunately a secondary source of information ...
Akon

Last edited:
Hi AKON,
today I got further photos from other sensors. My colleague told me, that they have not found any inscriptions on the sensor. I think the sensor was from the ODAB-500PM. What do you think about?

Attachments

• 000.jpg
    000.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 23
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 23
I had the opportunity to really examine the bombs in detail, including the complete fuze..so I have a reason to write to you. I would give you a link to the page where the sensor is photographed from a real bomb, but all IP addresses from the opposing sides of the war are blocked....
Akon