What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unknown T&P fuze

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
Hi,

Does anyone know this combination fuze with a WW1 design.

I can't see the max scale because the fuze was cut (more than 50).

Thanks.

FACE.jpgBAS.jpgCOUPE.jpgGRADUATIONS.jpgMESURES.jpg
IMG_0827.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

you have an austro-hungarian Skoda export fuze. The scale was going up to 54. It was used on the shrapnell shell for the Skoda 7,5 cm Gebirgshaubitze M.14 which was produced for China. With the beginning of WW1 it was not deliviered and used by the austro-hungarian army for example on the alpine front against Italy.

Hello Alpini,

I was expecting you !

Thank you.

I also thought about a skoda design but the thread is really small (37mm). I do not know much fuze with a thread of this size (old russian fuze for example).

And what about the scale, I thought the scale was higher as 54. The fuze is cut between the first graduation "0" and "50". There is still a wide space where the fuze is cut. Do you think there are only 4 graduations in this space ?

I found on a forum a picture of a Skoda for export and this fuze is a little different :

skoda export.jpg
FACE.jpg0 50.jpg

yes you are right I thought it is exactly this one from the photo. May be your's is for a little different gun. I found an other with 64 graduation, but it has a flat nose cap and is for a L/29 field gun.

And sorry for late reply, I was on holliday ;-)

Hello,

Maybe I found the answer today on the Italian forum (http://www.blitzkriegmilitaria-forum.com)

Differents threads about Austro-Hungarian shells made for China (export). I did not understand everything also.

On pictures of 7.5cm shrapnel for Mountain Gun we can see exactly the same fuze.

I'm sure FERT can explain us the story of these ammunitions. This fuze is from Skoda or Erhardt ?

Is it for the Erhardt Gerbgebirgskanone M14 ? or another gun ?

Regards.

Pictures from the Italian Forum :

china6.jpg7,5cm%20M14_0004.jpg

Last edited: