What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unknown time nose fuze, 1, need help!

Mrfuze

Premium Member
Hi all,
I got this fuze from Europe.
The total length is 130mm, the largest dia. is 64mm, the thread dia. is 38mm
The fuze is marked with " 2-M " on the body and rings, and has a "11" in a circle marking. Thats all on markings.
The graduations are from 0, 1 - 30 in 1 step increments.
Could this be Russian or Czech maybe for export??
Any help would be appreciated.
Mrfuze, USA

Attachments

• Time fuze, unknown, 1.jpg
    Time fuze, unknown, 1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Time fuze, unknown, 1a.jpg
    Time fuze, unknown, 1a.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 78
  • Time fuze, unknown, 1b.jpg
    Time fuze, unknown, 1b.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 73
Hi Erhard

Looks a DDR NVA T7 or T7 umg

Regards Peter

Attachments

• T7g.jpg
    T7g.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 20
  • T7j.jpg
    T7j.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 20
  • T7i.jpg
    T7i.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 20
  • T7h.jpg
    T7h.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 24
  • T7f.jpg
    T7f.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 26
  • T7e.jpg
    T7e.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 26
  • T7d.jpg
    T7d.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 28
  • T7c.jpg
    T7c.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 41
  • T7b.jpg
    T7b.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 32
  • T7a.jpg
    T7a.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 32
  • T7k.jpg
    T7k.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 18
  • T7umg.jpg
    T7umg.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 16
  • T7umg2.jpg
    T7umg2.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 20
  • T7umg3.jpg
    T7umg3.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 28
Yes very similar and I would like to add just a beautiful piece. You have to be proud to have snagged that one....Dano

Hello Guys,
No, this is not a T-7 at all. The thread dia. doesn't match, and there is a small rim around the outer diameter of the unknown fuze, like some Czech fuzes have, to fit probably only one type of projectile, which must have a groove, where the rim of the fuze match.
Maybe the 11 in a circle would be an indicator, but the only one I know of would be Bulgarian, but I have no proof for this either
Mrfuze, USA

Hello Guys,
No, this is not a T-7 at all. The thread dia. doesn't match, and there is a small rim around the outer diameter of the unknown fuze, like some Czech fuzes have, to fit probably only one type of projectile, which must have a groove, where the rim of the fuze match.
Maybe the 11 in a circle would be an indicator, but the only one I know of would be Bulgarian, but I have no proof for this either
Mrfuze, USA

Bulgaria used double circles as a country indicator. Bulgaria also did not use much brass on fuzes after 1945.

Yes I know the double circle , but the number is the only once I know of from Bulgaria. It would be very unusual for a Russian fuze with this markings. but maybe I am totally lost with this! I think the fuze was made between or during WW I or early WW II or in-between, I don't think it was made after WW II at all.
Mrfuze, USA

So if definately not after WWII (I agree) how could be the 11 in a circle then Bulagrian when they started using the WAPA code system only in the late 1940's? So Bulgaria is out.