What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unusual holder takes butterfly bomb fuze??

butterfly

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
HPIM4684.jpgHPIM4688.jpgHPIM4690.jpgHPIM4693.jpg

I've had this item lurking around in my collection for some time and not quite sure what it is off. The bayonet type fuzes of the type that are used on the butterfly bomb fit into it, 41A, 67 and 70B, but what was it used for? Does anyone know? It obviously screws into something but what??

I would be intrested to know
Kev

Hi Kevin
Its an Adaptor for the 15cm german shell ,and uses a butterfly bomb fuze

Complete adaptor

Attachments

• Adaptor 001.jpg
    Adaptor 001.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Adaptor 002.jpg
    Adaptor 002.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 39
re steve

FuzemanHi Kevin
Its an Adaptor for the 15cm german shell ,and uses a butterfly bomb fuze

Thanks for that Steve, was it something that was widely used?

Regards Kev

Lovely item,i saw one at Beltring for sale but was end of the week and i had only a few coins left after my swag-fest!

best

waff

Steve,
was it for a 15cm, or a 10.5? I've been holding on to one in hopes of finding the rest of the submunition, I'm running on memory here but I was thinking it was the SD-15, made from a 10.5 projectile? I'm on my way out this morning and cannot get back to my books for a while, so excuse me if my memory is playing tricks....

There is no designation number for these adaptors as far as i can see they were for converting 10.5 cm artillery shells to bombs , im still searching my files for additional information. the SD15 used a AZ66 fuze .

View attachment 18149View attachment 18150View attachment 18151View attachment 18152

I've had this item lurking around in my collection for some time and not quite sure what it is off. The bayonet type fuzes of the type that are used on the butterfly bomb fit into it, 41A, 67 and 70B, but what was it used for? Does anyone know? It obviously screws into something but what??

I would be intrested to know
Kev

Bayonet type! Ah,now i see.

Well thats where i maybe putting a 41A,67 or the 70 in mine this week then!

best

W

Last edited: