What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unusual rim on 40/60 Bofors case

Falcon

Someone I know found this Bofors case (cut down). The trim has been modified.

I have never seen one like this. I would think there must have been a reason for someone to do this.

It is a British case made by ICI In 1943.

Thanks for any info.

bofors_rim.jpg

Looks like a lot of work for (?) what purpose.
Looks to be done by hand ,note the rough marks,they don't look like the usual tooling lines.

I thought it looked like it could have been filed by hand. It seems a lot of work to go to just for a piece of trench art.

Falcon,

Think about it for a moment, a lot of work is involved in making most trench art pieces.

If anyone is interested there is a section on Flickr dedicated to trench art, some really amazing pieces: https://www.flickr.com/groups/2081323@N23/

I would say the piece you show above is probably someone's crude attempt at making a piece of trench art.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying about trench art involving work. What I really meant is that this would have taken hours of filing while adding nothing to the item.