What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Urgent ident of prob demolition accessory requested, please.

Rocket Doctor

Ordnance approved
Premium Member
Would appreciate ID of pictured items - probably demolition accessories related either to det cord or safety fuse - size estimated at 20-25mm dia.
27bdb483-1d6c-422e-adf5-1746915e0912.jpeg

They are initiators that set off slow burning water proof safety fuze to set off explosives, The tin packed with 4 initiators usually has a plastic pistol with the set which screws to the initiators which is squeezed to a point it releases a firing pin to strike the cap of the initiator. The rubber covering around the initiator suppresses the noise of the cap firing, still in use today in the British army.

Last edited:
Pete,

Trust you're well?

I'll up Minenaz16 and go "Initiator, Flash, L3A4"

TimG

See "The Boobytrap recognition manual" vol. 3 (from member D.W. Lynn) p. 51
See also "Military engineering Volume II Field Engineering Pamphlet No. 4 Demolitions" p. 110

Last edited:
Hi Tim, all good, thanks. Thanks for the spot on ID - I knew I'd seen them before but couldn't for the life of me remember the correct designation! Hope all is well with you? Pete